Reflection

                                                     Reflection on EAP class.


In college, I used to view everything as a repetitive cycle of attending lectures and completing assignments, finding it all quite dull. However, one afternoon, our lecturer surprised us by introducing a game called "Animal Hunt" during a two-hour session. It turned out to be incredibly enjoyable, and I never anticipated that such a simple activity could lead to a significant realization. While playing, I came to understand the importance of paying close attention and listening attentively. Additionally, the game revealed to me that even our closest friends may prioritize their own interests over loyalty to us. This experience not only added excitement to my college routine but also taught me valuable lessons about attentiveness and friendship.

During the game, where we took on different animal identities with one person as the hunter, the importance of concentration became clear. As the hunter looked for prey, every minute taxed our ability to focus. We needed to remain alert and prepared. I had to rapidly think of another animal to use if my animal name was called. This demonstrated how crucial focus is to success in both the game and in daily life. It reminded me how distractions can have consequences and the need of paying attention when pursuing both academic and professional goals.

 The game also emphasized the value of listening skills, which turned out to be vital for success. Despite the noise and excitement of the game, I had to pay close attention in case someone called the name of the one I was portraying. This required sharp ears and quick processing of the information. As I gave this more consideration, I realized how it had greater implications for my day to daily lives. As in the game, quick thinking, understanding, and clear communication depend on listening intently. Success in group projects and classroom discussions depends on having good listening skills. As a result, the game acted as a helpful reminder of the essential role that listening plays in both virtual and in-person encounters.

 The game also showed me something surprising about friendships. I witnessed one of my closest friends choose to put their own safety before our mutual trust. It was a hard lesson to learn, but it made me realize that sometimes individuals put themselves before their friends. It made me understand that relationships can be difficult and to be cautious about who I trust.In a nutshell, playing “animal hunt” was a journey of self-discovery rather than merely an enjoyable past hour. Everything about the game, from the importance of focus and listening skills to the surprising truths about friendship, provided valuable insight that had a lasting impact. I have gained a deeper understanding of myself and the world around me. I am taking these realizations with me as I go, prepared to use them for future challenges and hardships.

 


Comments

  1. Critical! I enjoyed reading your reflection especialy the discussion related to the life lesson . Suggest you to draw more life insights or experiences to make more reflective.
    7+6+3.5

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment